Thursday, July 5, 2012

AX2012: Day 1 - 4


Oh... woe! Anime Expo 2012 is over. In the time inbetween now and the end of AX, a few things happened that prevented me from doing this earlier, but we'll get to them as we go. A lot of real life, a little bit of LaTale. Let's go!

We had a good time, yes we did. Day 1 was crazy. We met up with some of our high school friends and acquiesces, went to a few gatherings (well tried) and really had a good time.


Day 2 was a little more mellow. Kinda. We went with one of MK's friends, Ash, and had a mildly good time. We had to leave early though on the account of Ash having a very bad headache, but all went well since I was able to see some of my friends. Ash really liked taking pictures with everyone, but who could blame her? It was her first time going to AX, so let the girl have some fun.


Day 3 was about Day 1 crazy. It was pretty much a free for all.

That Little Shizuo was so cuteeee. While MK and Ash tried out FireFall, I went to the Steins;Gate gathering with a friend and oh boy. Oh boyyyy. I had the time of my life. Seeing so many Okarins pull out their cellphones and their Dr. Peppers. Mang... That was some awesome stuff.

Though THIS was the best part of the gathering:

Day 3 was also very fulfilling because I saw the greatest eye candy ever. Just ever. I'm a fan of DRRR!! and I'm a major fan of Shizuo. When I saw this Shizuo, I thought to myself that he was decent. Then I saw the Izaya. I thought to myself, he's not half bad. So we asked them if we could take their picture. That's when I cried tears of joy.

THESE GUYS MANNNN. THESE GUYSSS OMGGGG. I LOVE THESE GUYS. SO HOT. SO SEXY. SO SHIZAYA. JUST PERFECT. As we walked away, the Shizuo cosplayer was yelling "IZAYAAAAAA" and I just cried to myself, not out of sadness, but pure joy. We also found some sexy genderswapped Panty & Stocking cosplayers (Boxer & Sock).

What's special about them? Well... We were camping at a pillar next to their spot. The Boxer cosplayer bent over and we saw this glorious sight.

Just glorious... So much better than this.

By the way, there was a gorgeous Link cosplayer. He was so gorgeous, we couldn't get a good picture of him.

QQQ...
Anyways, Day 4 came around, just MK and me. It's the shortest and least active of the days. The short day didn't hinder my plans though! It was a shoppy day, in AX and in the Fashion District. Day 4 is always the day we shop because that's when the sales are. Artists wanna get rid of their things badly, exhibitors want to strike a deal with the withering crowd, attendees still have some money to burn (lucky bastards). But even so, there is just so much you can buy without feeling motivated to buy another. Another print, another keychain... So what can anime fangirls do? Hop over to the fashion district. Unbeknownst to the general public, Los Angeles is a city of good, cheap things. Fabric, clothes, shoes, dresses, the sorts. We went broke then it was back home for MK and me.

On Day 1 and 3, MK and I cosplayed as Dawn and Iris from Pokemon respectively. On Day 3, Ash cosplayed as Piplup from Pokemon.


On Day 2, MK, Ash and I cosplayed as Aranea, Aradia and Jade from Homestuck.


Yes no censoring this time around. I'm lazy and besides, it looks nice. We were satisfied that we at least looked cute. We're already planning what costumes we're going to wear for next year. I'm for sure going as Champion Iris from Pokemon Black and White 2 and might go as Chocolove from Shaman King. Yeah... I dont know how I would do Chocolove, but I can make it happen. My boobs can be taped!!!

NOW. My swag. This time around, I focused a lot on getting prints.
Yeah... I went print crazy. My walls never felt so colorful!
I got a print of the female trainers that accompany Ash in the anime underwater, a beach print of the P4 girls, a print of Chopper, a print of Kyouhei, Mei, N, Bianca, Cheran and Hyuu from Pokemon Black and White 2, a print of Yuri Lowell, a print of the P4 cast and a print of the main DRRR!! dudes on my large wall. The Panty & Stocking poster was free.

On my other wall, I have the ever sexy N. Yesssss..... N... Yes... OH yessssss...

I have a few prints that I haven't put up yet or don't know where to place on my wall(s). I also got things that weren't prints (lol).

This P4 print and Oshawott plush were gifts from a friend. Narukami-kun!

Of course, I couldn't help getting Slowpoke stuff. I got another Slowpoke keychain and MK got me the Slowpoke button. Slowpoke man... I love Slowpoke.

I got some small prints of N, Green (Gary Oak) and Pikachu along with a free Pikachu sticker that I don't know what to do with. Dorm?

Then there's this N print... It's just... perfect... N never looked so hot...

Finally, I got the Aries Gate Key. During the entire convention, I was trying to find Starry Sky paraphernalia and couldn't. So... Even though it's a different anime completely and the character represented by this is a wimpy sheep girl, it's still Aries which is my astrological sigh as well as Kazuki. Ye... I'm actually giving this to my JohnJohn so he has something to remember my birthday (lollll ). I like my presents afterall.

In other news, I'm sad to inform you all that Sweet Potato is no longer among us . Yesterday morning, she died in her sleep after battling mouth rot for the past week. You can't imagine how much I cried when I held her little body between my fingers and pet her for the last time before burying her in the backyard, using her favorite basking rock as her gravestone. I really loved Sweet Potato. She was one of the things I would always wake up to, feeding her and cleaning her little tank. I would play the Can You Find Me Game, watching her bob her head under and above the water to look at me and scrub the back of her shell with my old toothbrush, something she hated so much. Looking back, there are so many things I could have done to make her small little life so much more happier: getting her a bigger tank sooner, be home more to keep her company, give her more sunlight so she can grow big and strong, but as MK's mom tells everyone, one will die at some point because that is their time to go. It was Sweet Potato's time and I do grieve deeply for the loss of my little SP, but she's in a better place now. I just hope she's resting peacefully in a luke warm tank with lots of greens to eat and rocks to bask on.


I'm catching up slowly to LaTale life since I basically was missing for about a week. With the Star Cradle update sneaking up on me, I haven't been able to explore too much since I've only started fishing Monday. Yeah, it'll take a me a little while to explore more and make an update about it, but I have time. A whole bunch of time... .

On the bright side, I have finally started to learn how to sew. It's pretty exciting to sew my first creations, even though they will be crappy . But I'll do it the best I cannnnnnnnn!!!

That's all for now I guess. Until next time, I bid you all adieu and a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:OOO looks so awesome wish to go to this expo some day :3! Dressed as Sebastian from Black Butler or Heoo from Darker than Black :D!

~Heii~

Queenie said...

It looks hella fun! I wished I was there and creeping. And I'm sorry but, I don't know who you are in the pictures LOL.

Those cosplayers have AMAZING costumes. Your friends too! I would've made my costume like that faceless person from Spirited Away. A mask and I'm ready to go mang. Or I would've went in my human form.

KEYS! I always wanted those gate keys but then thought to myself, MEHHHH. khgalksdg.

Sexy wall. Sexy sexy sexy wall. Looks like my wall in anime form. I'll show you my wall sometime because it's seriously similar LOL.

Sorry for your loss once again and s.potato's in a better place. :c

You'll have a lot of latale to catch up to since there's maintenence today and we don't know what OGP has in store for us. But it's an update and updates have new stuff and so yeah. @_@

LinnyLinh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.