Sunday, September 23, 2012

So you want Cala?

You won't get her lol. I think I mentioned this once or twice in this blog: I'm a college student with a life. College started and shit got real. And readers of this blog know that when I curse, I'm serious.

No, I didn't quit LaTale. Geez. I'm just forced to be inactive because of the demands of my education and the internet in my dorm's wing is so bad on the weekdays (majority of the week) it will flat out disconnect entirely. As my free time has been limited and since my free time is mostly spent online, my time on this blog is also limited. So telling me that even though I'm busy, I should revive my blog, then you should reevaluate what you said. It's pretty selfish to expect someone to pull out something as precious as time to put into something that is only supposed to be a leisure activity. Cause obviously pursing an education isn't as important.

Kay well, bitch mode off. Wanna know what I do to a day to day basis? Well this isn't a Twitter account, but I'll try my best.



On a good week...

Sunday:
Homework Day. Everyday is Homework Day except for Friday unless it's for certain reasons.
On this day in particular (week 4 of college e___e), I had to take notes on the next chapter for my Brain and Behavior class, which I call B&B, take a few online quizzes, proofread my group's lab assignment, take notes on the next chapter and study for the upcoming quiz for my Experimental Methods class. I also did a few assignments I didn't finish from the day before, finishing up taking notes on Phado, one of Plato's dialogues for my Philosophy of Human Nature class and read more of Frankenstein for my British Literature class.

Yeah, I have a lot of homework. I mean... look lol.

At 6pm, I head off to work at the library.
And I sit there, reading or doing notes, talking to my co-workers for 2 hours. Then it's back to the dorm and more homework and self pampering. Before you know it, it's midnight and you have to sleep cause if you don't, you'll fall asleep during your classes.

Monday:
Rise and shine at 9. A delicious time to wake up. Get ready, grab a poptart or eat some yogurt and hop to class at 10am, Children's Literature.

Sit in class for an hour and get a 10 min break because your next class is taught by the same professor, in the same classroom and class starts up again at 11am, Language of Fiction.

Class ends and guess what? You have one more hour of class to get through before you can eat lunch. At noon, it's time for some Philosophy of Human Nature. So exciting.

So you know. I kinda have to eat. I get lunch and take a nap. It's also roommate bonding time cause my roommate and I take a nap before our 3pm classes.
I wake her up and she turns over, saying something among the lines of 5 more minutes and I just leave her and walk to British Literature.

We always run out of time in that class and I walk out around 4:15pm. From then on, it's either naptime, then homework, then dinner then homework or omit naptime altogether.

Tuesday:
Bleh. I have the opening shift at work, so I wake up at 7 so I can mope to the library to open up my department at 8. One hour later, I'm prowling around for food and I wander to my first class B&B before 9:25am. It's one of those classes that I start falling asleep in.

At 10:40am, it's time to go to my next class~. Next door. Experimental Methodssss~ So exciting... We took a quiz on this day. It was okay I guess... (Perfect score)

At 12:05pm, or just noon, I get of class. Done with classes for the day...~ But I still have work at 4:00pm til 6:00pm. After that, it's dindin with the roommates/hallmates and more homework. Eternal Homework~
Sometimes I get some free time to actually relax and do something I want to do. Like learning Hiragana so I can understand more of what the hot guys in Tokyo Yamanote Boys are saying. Jesus.

Wednesday:
Rehash of Monday.
Mondays and Wednesdays are pretty homework loaded because I have the most classes on those days and I feel the most motivated. Since I'm already up and about, I might as well just work as much as possible. Yup...

Thursday:
Rehash of Tuesday.

Nothing really much to say. It's the day where I have a lab in Experimental Methods though, so that's the only difference.

Friday:
Rehash of Monday and Wednesday, just without British Literature. I start at 9am, head to class at 10pm and end at 1pm. I just pick up a bite and ice cream then just sit around, watch anime or dramas alongside my roommate. No homework.

You might be thinking, woooo Cala has time now. She doesn't do homework on Friday and she gets out at like 1pm. You know, blogging isn't my only hobby. Like there's playing otome games (Tokyo Yamanote Boyssss...), watching anime, learning how to cook, learning how to read Japanese, learning how to sew... and so many other things. I do go on LaTale if the internet permits me, but overall, I need my own time and space. You might think you know me very well, but in reality there's things about me that I don't talk about in this blog that I'm passionate about. And of them, this blog is about 10th on that list of priorities.

Saturday:
Work/Homework/Go Out Day~

I have work 4:00pm until 6:00pm, which is homework time, but sometimes I go out before or after to areas nearby school. But mostly, it's the "I have something to do today, therefore I'm busy the entire day" syndrome. Busy with what? Busy with homework.


So as you can see, I don't have time for myself a lot of the time. Six days out of the week I'm doing homework, either readings, notes, papers, assignments or studying. When I actually have time (like now as I'm writing this), it's for things that I want to do, not what people "suggest" me to do.

And in all honesty, even if I did have the time to LaTale blog, I can't because of my internet and the lack of LaTale "events" and content. Yeah, I know Monster Tower 2 came out and it's LaTale's 4th ani, but Monster Tower is a chore and OGPlanet's events suck, even the lolboxes. I'm either too much of a hipster to enjoy the "new" things or I'm painfully realistic to say that if OGPlanet doesn't release a major content update anytime in the Fall or Winter, then the game will fail. When I mean major, I mean an update that encompasses the ostrosized, leech reliant players that are under 19x. Preferably something that makes everyone able to do Coli runs by themselves aka Season 2. I was going to rant about something, but you know, no matter how much you theorize it, Season 2 is the only solution.

In either case, I'll be here in the background, enjoying life. Cause, in all honesty, that's what you should do. Until we meet again, adieu.

5 comments:

Queenie said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! haha

Looks like a LOT of books and stuff to do and I think, if I had that many books on my desk, they would be all over the places instead of neatly stacked there.

oooh a planner, I need one of those someday but I always forget to write stuff on it and/or forget to look at it. :/

Is your bed on the other side of the room? I don't see your bed under or anything. I never really visited a dorm before `-` It looks quite spacey and roomy and well, a student environment! haha

Completely understandable and relatable that you can't go on latale or blog often. I don't think anyone can go on, or even should go on, latale for long periods of time because I believe most latalers are students and/or working adults that should be more focused on their outside-latale lives.

I was going to type something else but I just completely brainfarted and forgot.

I wish you the best of luck in your studies and have a nice day Cala!

Calamansi said...

Thanks Queenie<3 You're always supportive :D ily mang.

Queenie said...

oh and this is completely random but saw this on tumblr and was like, o that looks like cala's latale hair! `-` http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9fkmfPxJb1raz78ho1_400.jpg

Calamansi said...

Maybe that's me irl c;

Anonymous said...

Hey Calamansi~
Im just wanted to ask can i know the link of the music box you used to have in this blog? Thanks c: