Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Preemptive Strike



No, I didn't die over the past three-four weeks. I've been working (more like helping) on cosplay costumes with MK for AX2012. In that time, I've been very much sleep deprived and obsessed with Starry Sky. But yeah. Onward Busko!



I guess the biggest handicap we've had is that I don't know how to sew and I can only do accessories. There's not very many accessories though. We started working about the end of May and by the last week before AX, we kinda realized that we can't finish our Disgaea costumes . But no worries! We had last years' costumes as our backup to our surprise I guess. MK and I talked about recosplaying as Dawn and Iris from Pokemon for this year, but we felt that we should stray away from Pokemon. BUT WE CANNOT. Black and White 2 has come out in Japan and it's pretty beast. It's been revealed that Iris is Unova's new champion because Alder quit.


She's such a magical girl. IRIS, I WILL COSPLAY YOU NEXT YEAR AS A MAGICAL GIRL. She's so boss. But anyways, the Dawn and Iris combination will actually make sense because the newest episode that will be aired in Japan, #747, will feature Dawn and Iris. Which is one day before Day 1. Well. It's fine. It's... fine.

So, we got the Homestuck costumes accomplished. The only thing we're missing is the glasses for Jade's costume. I can't get my hands on round glasses... It's going to be hell wearing Jade's costume though. Her outfit consists of a long sleeve, a poofy skirt, a hood, long knee socks and flats. I'm definitely not going outside in that. For MK, she's going as Aranea and she seems pretty pumped about it. Especially since she's going to paint herself gray. I can't wait to see how ridiculous she looks in gray .

Since I spent most of the time cleaning, lounging, doing the menial jobs MK didn't want to do, I had a lot of time to spend with her pets. MK has three cats, a stupid dog and Taro, the turtle that I gave her. Oh, wondering about Sweet Potato?


Look at that turtle butt. SP is still my darling little turtle baby. I got her a new tank this month and she's enjoying it very much. Taro is well too, he's just not growing very much. I spent some time with Olive (the stupid dog), Chives (the attention seeking tom cat) and Basil (my fluffy princess).


Ah~ Basil. So cuteeee.


In other news, I'm so obsessed with Starry Sky.




I'm not joking. Starry Sky is an otome game, a visual novel that is targeted towards female audiences. Unlike how visual novels such as Clannad and Kanon have a large female cast and one male character, otomes have a large male cast and one female character. It was so hard to set up, but so satisfying...


I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Kazuki of the Aries constellation. He's the best character, but his love route pisses me off. He trolls me so much that I broke into sobs and rage quitted. But he's just so perfect. I can't be mad at him forever. He's just as perfect as my JohnJohn. I guess I'm a fan of Haruki-Sensei. He's just so cute... Too cute... I'm also a fan of Miyaji. He's just... yeah. He's Miyaji.


Going to Anime Expo 2012 to come help celebrate AX's 21st Year? I'm so psyched for it! It's going to be a wild ride! I would do a contest in which someone who found me and took a picture with me would win something, but I don't know what that something would be. I guess, if you're going, I hope you have a wonderful time! Until we meet again after this AX storm, adieu adieu!

Oyasumi, under a starry night

No comments: